Rosacea and Its Treatment Options | Institute Insights
Medical Spa Treatments in Chicago: Rosacea
What Does Rosacea Look Like?
Rosacea affects everyone in a different way. Patients show various combinations of symptoms. Here are some of the most common rosacea symptoms seen at Chicago Cosmetic Institute:
- Constant redness of the face. Flush look more than usual. Redness often appears at the center of the face and moves outward. There can also be burning and swelling involved.
- Small red lines under the skin. Blood vessels under the skin become larger and inflamed. This area of the skin is often swollen and red.
- Redness is constant and small bumps may appear as well. The little bumps on the skin can fill with pus. The solid bumps can become painful in time and should be removed.
- Redness and inflammation can often spread to the eyes and eyelids.
- The nose may become larger, red, and bumpy. This is experienced mostly by men.
- Some of the skin on the face can become thicker. Usually found on the forehead, chin, and cheeks.
How Does Rosacea Happen?
Contributing factors to rosacea are not 100% proven and often change. Here are the most believed factors that can make it worse:
- Hot water
- Harsh wind
- Very cold temperatures
- Spicy foods
- Steroid usage
Cosmetic Treatments for Rosacea
Are Rosacea Procedures Right for Me?
2333 W. Irving Park Rd.
Chicago, IL 60618
Free Parking at Irving Park
Chicago Cosmetic Institute: Med Spa Services The Chicago Cosmetic Institute offers a variety of medical spa services, also known as med spa services. We have a variety of options that focus on the eyes, face, breast, body, and the skin. Our caring and results-oriented team strives for patient satisfaction. Book a consultation today to learn about options that help you feel your best. Our Chicago Med Spa Services include: Laser Hair Removal, Tummy Tuck services, Liposuction, Botox, Lifestyle Lift Beyond cosmetic services and plastic surgery, our team of medical estheticians, physicians, and their support staff can help you with additional services, including: acne treatment options, a chemical peel, skin tightening procedures, stretch mark removal, and other skin care services that look and feel great.