What Is a Mommy Makeover? Expert Information about Postpartum Plastic Surgery
The Chicago Mommy Makeover
After the baby is home and the initial shock of motherhood eventually fades away, focus often switches to getting that post-pregnancy body whipped into pre-pregnancy shape.
A Mommy Makeover is a bundle of cosmetic procedures put together to address all post-pregnancy body issues in one convenient package. Diet and exercise are not enough for everyone to get where they want to be. When you feel like you need a little bit of extra help shedding those last lbs, this is the type of package you will be looking for.
No two cases are the same. A combination of procedures is done by a board-certified plastic surgeon. The procedures often performed include breast lift, breast augmentation, breast implants, tummy tuck, stretch mark removal, body contouring, CoolSculpting, breast reduction, and more. We will go into them all in a section below.
This set of procedures is growing in popularity because it makes the process easier for the patient when choosing what they need for the results they want. We put together this all-in-one Mommy Makeover guide to help you gather information and decide whether or not it’s right for you.
Reclaiming your pre-pregnancy shape
When diet and exercise alone are not enough, we have the mommy makeover procedure. The goal is for you post-pregnancy women with body issues to regain their pre-pregnancy shape.
No two cases are the same. We use a combination of procedures performed by a board-certified plastic surgeon. They can include anything from breast life to tummy tuck, body contouring, breast augmentation, breast implants, and more.
No two bodies are the same, so the Mommy Makeover designs a personalized set of procedures based on the things you feel have priority. With your doctor’s help, you will get the results you need without any excess.
Mommy makeover procedures:
Depending on your pre-baby-body requirements, there are different procedures that might be recommended. Here is a list of the procedures that can be included:
- Breast Lift – Breast augmentation or reduction surgery used to restore a youthful profile. Bringing back cleavage.
- Breast Implants – When wanted, breast implants are sometimes also added to the procedures; especially when already performing a breast augmentation of some kind.
- Tummy Tuck – We flatten and contour the abdomen and remove any loose, sagging skin from the belly area. Repositioning of belly button and tightening of the midline.
- Liposuction – Eliminates love handles, saddlebags, or spot layers of fatty tissue for better-looking body contours. Light liposuction can also be performed on the “bra strap area”
- CoolSculpting – The Chicago Cosmetic CoolSculpting (https://www.chicagocosmeticinstitute.com/non-surgical-procedures/coolsculpting/) procedure is a non-surgical procedure to freeze off fat cells in the body without breaking the skin. (link to CoolSculpting post)
- Body Lift(s) – Performing lifts on body parts like arms, buttocks, thighs, or other post weight loss problem areas.
- Stretch Mark Removal – Eliminating light puckered marks and lines on the skin resulting from pregnancy stretching.
- Labiaplasty – Restoration of the vaginal tissue. Tightening of the excess tissue that may have been stretched throughout the birthing process. Improvements to the appearance of the genital area.
- Eyelid Lift – Removal of wrinkles and bags from all the sleepless nights up with the baby. More information on our eye procedures can be found here.
- Other facial procedures are often bundled with the Mommy Makeover package. These can include facial injections, dermal fillers, implants, Botox, etc.
Though a new offering, the Mommy Makeover is making major waves in the Chicago area, becoming an easy way to determine the types of procedures a client might be interested in getting as part of a package rather than all separately.
Mommies everywhere rejoice! CCI is helping bring that beautiful body back!
You are beautiful the way you are, but if you feel like you are ready for your consultation, you can get in touch with us today to set up an appointment.
Your consultation will be with our very own Dr. Karol Gutowski, a board certified plastic surgeon and head of Chicago Cosmetic Institute.
Thanks for reading!