Everybody has cellulite. It’s a normal part of the body and something that generally does not ever cause health issues. The look of it, however, can take away from an otherwise beautiful appearance. Cellulite can appear in the form of dimples on the thighs, butt, or belly. It can appear in some other locations as well depending on how heavy you are and how prone you are to it. Regardless of how you got it or how much it is affecting the way you look, the good news is that there are treatments available for cellulite. And this guide, we’re going to discuss cosmetic cellulite treatments as well as some of the natural ways to reduce cellulite.
We’ll break down the details of each procedure, the technology used to make them work, the costs, and whether or not you are a good candidate for these kinds of procedure.
If you’d like to talk to someone today about your specific case, you can get in touch with us any time in the Chicago area at Chicago Cosmetic Institute.
What is Cellulite?
Believe it or not, cellulite is not directly related to excess fat. It’s a result of fat cells that get pushed up against the skin over the connective tissue that it would usually lie under. It’s most often located in the butt area and on the side or back of the thighs. Around 80% of females post-puberty have some level of cellulite, so it is nothing to be ashamed of.
What Causes cellulite?
There is no proven reason that cellulite begins to appear. Most women post-puberty have it. It is more common than it is not. Genetics, lymphatics, and lifestyle choices tend to be the most widely accepted causes. There is no doubt that good diet and exercise will help you reduce weight, build muscle, and tighten the skin. All of these can reduce the appearance of cellulite and should be attempted before cosmetic treatments are sought out.
There are a few different types of laser treatments that are used to treat cellulite. They are minimally invasive and do not require much downtime or recovery like you might find with something that breaks the skin.
Cellulaze™ is one of the most popular Laser cellulite treatments out there on the market. A tiny laser fiber gets inserted under your skin and when it is triggered, the laser will break up the banding under the skin that looks to us like cellulite. It can also tick in the skin as a side effect, which is also important. The thinner your skin is above the layers beneath it, the more easily issues under the skin can be seen. skin off and becomes thinner when cellulite forms.
Laser treatments like Cellulaze™ are reducing the appearance of cellulite for thousands of Americans every year. Patients can see the results of this treatment for longer than a year in many cases.
There are other laser treatments available as well, but results don’t usually last as long. A bit of dimpling will normally return and treatments generally have to be repeated.
Most of the treatments for cellulite that we perform at the Chicago Cosmetic Institute are laser treatments. They show visible results and patience like to choose them because there’s no downtime required and they can get right back to their usual activities.
Energy from radiofrequency ultrasound, infrared light, or heat energy can stimulate the production of collagen and reduce the appearance of cellulite. Depending on the treatment you choose, energy-based cellulite reduction can lead to some mild fat reduction or relax the fibers under the skin to achieve the smooth are even skin texture that you are seeking.
Some of the FDA approved treatments in these areas include:
- VelaShape® – a non-invasive body contouring technique for cellulite reduction. It is FDA cleared for a temporary reduction in the appearance of cellulite. This can also be used on thighs and abdominal circumference, much like CoolSculpting®.
- Venus Freeze® – Venus freeze provides anti-aging treatments used to tighten skin and reduce the appearance wrinkles. No surgery or downtime is needed and the result is a refreshed and more youthful appearance. This can also be used effectively to treat cellulite.
- ThermiSmooth® Body – A Device called the Thermi250 is used, targeting areas under the skin where cellulite is visible, providing a temporary reduction in cellulite. This treatment requires a series of applications over a 6-8 week period. Treatment is gentle and patients often liken the treatment to a “warm massage.”
- Zimmer Z Wave – Uses of pulse technology that enhances patient comfort. Treatment is mild, and consistent sound waves are delivered into the treatment area. This treatment can take multiple sessions before the results are fully visible. The Z-Wave is an FDA approved treatment for a temporary reduction in the appearance of cellulite.
Acoustic Wave Therapy
Acoustic wave therapy for cellulite is a relatively new procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite using sound waves emitted through a handheld device that is rubbed over the skin similar to an ultrasound device. several treatment sessions are needed when this type of therapy is used, what results can be seen.
Having extra weight on your body unnecessarily can cause cellulite to become much more visible. Losing weight and staying at a healthy weight for a long. Of time will reduce the amount of cellulite visible for many individuals. If you end up developing looser skin due to weight loss, cellulite can sometimes become more visible, however.
Having more and stronger muscles makes the skin look smoother and firmer. replacing some of your fat tissue with muscle will cause cellulite to become less visible. This is always something that should be tried first before you think about having cosmetic treatments performed.
Am I a good candidate for cellulite treatment?
The dimpled, a regular appearance of the skin is bothersome for many women. If you’re unhappy with the way you look because of the cellulite on your body, then treatments for cellulite reduction can help you feel more confident with how you look. This is a great reason to seek out treatment.
Cellulite treatment is often recommended if:
- Your appearance bothers you and affects the way you feel.
- You are not significantly overweight, happy with your current body weight, but still, have cellulite.
- You are overall in good health and a good candidate for cosmetic procedures.
- You have realistic expectations of what you’re going to see from the procedure that you choose. Many treatments can reduce the way your dimpled skin looks, but they aren’t always completely eliminated.
How much does cellulite treatment cost?
As you can see above, there are several different options and they come with various price points. Prices for treatment generally go start at $2,500. Your best course of action is getting in touch to set up a consultation where you can talk with a physician or surgeon about your situation and the options that best suit what you are looking for.
Schedule your cellulite reduction consultation in Chicago
If you live in the Chicago area and looking to get more detailed information about cellulite reduction for your specific issues, get in touch with us at Chicago Cosmetic Institute. We have a team of people standing by to help you figure out how bad the issue is, whether you are a good candidate for treatment, the right treatment for you, and the cost.