Dermaplaning is a blade technique performed by a medical aesthetician. A 10 gauge scalpel is used to remove the top layer of the skin. The dulling, dead skin cells peel away to reveal a smoother complexion. It might sound scary, but it isn’t. In the right hands, the process can be pain-free and almost therapeutic.
Many Hollywood actresses and other on-screen celebrities are advocates for dermaplaning. Not only does it smooth the skin, but it also removes peach fuzz. Tiny amounts of hair on the face can show up on high-resolution cameras and can make it harder to apply makeup. The dead skin comes off as well as the hair, making makeup glide across the skin. It also enhances the absorption rate of moisturizing skin care products for the face. Cosmetic dermatologists often use dermaplaning as a pre-requisite for other skin care techniques. Chemical peels are more effective after dermaplaning. The topical products we use are also more effective because the skin is smoother and absorbs the formula better.
Dermaplaning vs Microdermabrasion
Chicago Cosmetic Institute
Our Goal Is You At Your Very Best
- Board-certified plastic surgeons and doctors
- Committed Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, and licensed Medical Aesthetician team
- State-of-the-art technology
- Medical grade skincare products and treatments
- Competitive pricing and payment plans
- Welcoming, friendly, multi-lingual staff
- Stunning mid-century modern facility
- Convenient hours and location in North Center Chicago
- Free parking