PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) Chicago
What is Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)?
Platelet-rich plasma, or PRP, is a treatment where plasma from your body is extracted and reintroduced to promote the body’s natural ability to heal, rejuvenate skin, and even stimulate hair growth.
Plasma is a component of your blood that contains special “factors,” or proteins, that help your blood to clot. It also contains proteins that support cell growth. PRP is the process of isolating plasma from your blood and providing a boost of healing power to targeted areas of the body.
PRP Injection Process
Here’s what to expect from a typical PRP injection process:
- A member of our medical team will draw a sample of your blood. The amount of the sample depends on where the PRP will be injected.
- The blood is placed into a centrifuge. This is a machine that spins around very quickly, causing the blood components to separate. The separation process takes about 15 minutes.
- Your provider takes the separated plasma and prepares it for injection into the affected area.
PRP for Skin Rejuvenation
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles • Minimize acne scars
• Lessen body scars
• Shrink stretch marks
- Renews youthful looking hands
PRP for Hair Restoration
- Increases blood supply to the follicle • Increases shaft size (thickness)
• Triggers & maintains the growth phase • Controls hair growth cycle
- Decreases hair loss
Chicago Cosmetic Institute
Our Goal Is You At Your Very Best
- Board-certified plastic surgeons and doctors
- Committed Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, and licensed Medical Aesthetician team
- State-of-the-art technology
- Medical grade skincare products and treatments
- Competitive pricing and payment plans
- Welcoming, friendly, multi-lingual staff
- Stunning mid-century modern facility
- Convenient hours and location in North Center Chicago
- Free parking